Saturday, June 27, 2009
Friday, June 5, 2009
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Day Two may have been better than day one. We had a lecture early and then strolled to the North Shore of Whalebone Bay. The water was fairly shallow and inhabited with parrot fish, puffer fish, angel fish, peacock flounder, and so much more. We only had an hour there because we needed to be back for lunch which was flank steak! We get served great food here with huge helpings I’m loving it. After lunch we took a 40 minute boat trip off the coast of Bermuda. We were in between the reef and the island it self. We were in about 15 to 20 feet of water but because the water was so clear you could see the bottom clear as day. I saw so many more variety of fishes and sponges than that of Whalebone Bay. The boat trip out was beautiful, there are so many neat cliffs and lovely houses. Most houses are a bright blue, pink, green, and orange color. We drove by Mayor Blumberg of New York summer residence. It’s a gigantic yellow that sits on the top of a hill and looks over the ocean. Both days have been clear and sunny so I am hoping it stays like this the rest of the trip. Our captain of our boat said the past month has been sunny with very little clouds. This is great for us but horrible for Bermuda who relies heavily on rain water as source of drinking water. If you are building or own a house in Bermuda you are required to have a special roof that is designed to collect rain water. Underneath the houses are filtration systems and holding tanks. This water is their drinking and bathing water. Underground wells are illegal in Bermuda because the septic is very poor and pollutes the soil. Hope all is well back in the States or wherever you may but I bet it cant beat Bermuda.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Friday, May 22, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
I ended up sleeping on my grandmas couch and then working 16 hours on monday after the dentist let me have it
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
- Read 2 books- I only read for school and the books are boring. I want to find two interesting books and read them before the summers end.
- Join a Gym, Set a Workout Schedule (Get Buff)- I've put on a little weight this school year i need to loose a couple of pounds, get back in shape.
- Buy A New Camera- Photography is my new hobby but I hate using other people's camera so I want my own now.
- Buy An XBOX 360-My little brother has one and I always play his in the summer or when Im home visiting but I want one for my dorm room next semester.
- Find A New 911 Job- Im an EMT now and the company I work for is loosing their 911 contract and will be doing strictly transport work. I need a new job.
- Convince My Mother I am Capable Of Enrolling In An Online Paramedic Course and Passing- I know I can do this just my mother thinks it will be too much.
- Surf For An Entire Week- Last summer I barely got to go out surfing and it is one of my all time favorite thing to do. I want 7 days of the beach, my board, and I.
- Pass My Bermuda Class- I will be taking a 4 credit course in Bermuda from June 2nd to the 16th and all I want is my credits.
- Buy A BlackBerry-They are mad cool and you can do so much with them. I want one.
- Go To As Many Phillies Games as possible- Someone has to support the best team in baseball.