Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I ended up sleeping on my grandmas couch and then working 16 hours on monday after the dentist let me have it

Well my summer kicked off a lot differently than I thought.  Instead of meeting up with James and causing all sorts of trouble I woke up on my grandmother's couch.  Now I did sleep there by choice and I dont have some crazy story of what happened the night before but I decided it was time to pay my grandparents a visit.  Its not as dreadful as one would think because my uncle and grandfather both have boats which I've practically grown up on.  Instead of going out on my uncles and or grandfathers boat I took my boss out on the water.  I've grown up down there and know the bay well enough to catch fish.  We only caught three fish... well i caught three fish.  The other 4 guys didn't even get a bite.  They got sick of watching me catch fish so we ended the day.

Monday may go down as the worst day of this summer because I got to go to the dentist.  For those who may not know I would rather jump off a cliff then go to the dentist.  The picks, the suctioning tubes, and hands in my mouth is my biggest fear.  It takes them twice as long to clean my teeth than any normal person because they say i squirm and move.  I like to refer to it as protecting my mouth.

I got through the dentist and realized that I had a 16 hour shift in the wonderful city of Trenton.  The first 8 hours I worked with an individual one may call... odd.  I think he may be bipolar because one minute we were having great conversation, the next he was very cold towards me.  The weirdest thing about working with this guy was we pulled up to this weird deli on a not so great street.  He instructed me to "stay in the truck."  Ten minutes go by and he comes out with a brown bag.  I asked him what he bought and he told me that he was just talking to an old friend.  I left it at that.

The second half of my shift I worked with an awesome kid.  We went and go coffee and I legit slept for 5 hours and got paid overtime.  It was the slowest night I have ever worked and I was getting paid overtime to sleep and do nothing.

Its been almost a week and I still haven't even made a dent in my summer goals.


No comments:

Post a Comment